Today is Wellington Anniversary, a holiday celebrated by the Wellington province in New Zealand.
• The Wellington Anniversary Day is observed on the Monday closest to January 22nd, marking the arrival of the New Zealand Company's first ship in 1840.
• This day is named after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who was instrumental in defeating Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo.
• It is a public holiday in the Wellington Province, which includes Wellington city, Masterton, Palmerston North, and other areas.
Please note that our offices based in New Zealand, specifically in the Wellington Province, will be out of office today in observance of this holiday. We encourage everyone to respect and acknowledge the cultural significance of this day for our colleagues in these regions.
Hey everyone, 🎉
Today we're celebrating the Wellington Anniversary! This special day is observed on the Monday closest to January 22nd each year, in honor of Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington.
Here are some fun facts about this day:
- It's a public holiday in the Wellington province of New Zealand 🇳🇿
- The Duke of Wellington is famous for defeating Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815 🏆
- The day is often celebrated with carnivals, regattas, and other outdoor events 🎡
Please note that our offices in New Zealand will be out of office today in observance of this holiday.
Enjoy the day, whether you're celebrating or not, and let's appreciate the rich history that this day represents!
Today, we celebrate the Wellington Anniversary, observed on the Monday closest to January 22nd each year.
• This holiday commemorates the arrival of the first British immigrant ship to Wellington, New Zealand in 1840.
• It's a public holiday in the Wellington Province, which includes Wellington, Wairarapa, and parts of Hawke's Bay.
• Celebrations include public events, family gatherings, and enjoying the summer weather.
Please note, our offices in New Zealand will be closed today in observance of this holiday. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to remind you that the Wellington Anniversary holiday is coming up in about a week.
Please note that our offices located in countries that observe this holiday will be out of office. We encourage everyone to plan their work schedules and communications accordingly to ensure a smooth workflow during this period.
The countries that observe this holiday are New Zealand, specifically the Wellington province. If you are based in or work closely with our teams in these locations, please take note of this upcoming holiday.
We wish those celebrating a wonderful holiday!
Wellington Anniversary Day is a public holiday observed in the Wellington region of New Zealand. Celebrated on the Monday closest to January 22nd, it commemorates the arrival of the first European settlers to the region. On this day, businesses and schools in Wellington are typically closed.
Recognizing diverse holidays like Wellington Anniversary Day in global teams is crucial for fostering inclusivity and respect. It acknowledges the cultural heritage of team members, promotes understanding, and can boost morale and productivity.
Ideas for celebrating Wellington Anniversary Day at work:
- Organize a virtual tour of Wellington for the team.
- Host a New Zealand-themed trivia or quiz.
- Encourage team members to share their personal stories or experiences related to Wellington or New Zealand.