We would like to take this opportunity to share some insights about Buddha's Birthday, a significant holiday celebrated in Korea and other countries. This day is observed on the 8th day of the 4th month in the lunar calendar, which typically falls in May.
About this holiday:
- Buddha's Birthday, also known as Vesak, commemorates the birth of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.
- The holiday is marked by various cultural and religious activities, including lantern festivals, temple visits, and free meals offered to the public at temples.
- Temples are adorned with colorful lanterns, and streets are lined with lantern parades.
Please note that our offices based in countries that observe this holiday, including South Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, and Hong Kong, will be closed in observance.
Today, we're celebrating Buddha's Birthday, a significant holiday in Korea and other parts of Asia! 🎉 This day is celebrated on the 8th day of the 4th month in the lunar calendar, which usually falls in May.
Here are some fun facts about this holiday:
- It's also known as "Seokga Tansinil," meaning "Buddha's birthday" or "Buddha's day."
- The holiday is marked by visiting temples, eating vegetarian meals, and doing good deeds.
- Lantern festivals are a major highlight, with streets adorned with colorful lanterns. 🏮
Please note that our offices in countries observing this holiday will be OOO.
Let's take a moment to appreciate the rich cultural diversity within our team. Happy Buddha's Birthday to those celebrating! 🎂
Today, we celebrate Buddha's Birthday, a significant holiday in Korea, observed on the 8th day of the 4th month in the Korean lunar calendar.
• Buddha's Birthday, also known as Seokga Tansinil, marks the birth of Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism.
• The holiday is celebrated with lantern festivals, temple visits, and free meals offered to all visitors at temples.
• Lotus lanterns are a significant symbol of the holiday, representing enlightenment and Buddha's teachings.
Please note, our offices in countries observing this holiday, including Korea, will be closed today. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Buddha's Birthday is coming up in about a week!
Please note that our offices located in countries that observe this holiday will be closed in observance. Please plan accordingly.
We wish those who will be observing the holiday a peaceful and joyful celebration!
Buddha's Birthday, also known as Seokga Tansinil or often referred to as "Vesak" or "Wesak", is observed in various countries primarily in Asia. It celebrates the birth, enlightenment (nirvāna), and death (Parinirvāna) of Gautama Buddha in the Theravada or southern tradition. It is also traditionally celebrated in Mahayana Buddhism to commemorate the birth of the Prince Siddhartha Gautama, later the Gautama Buddha, founder of Buddhism. In Korea, it is celebrated on the 8th day of the 4th month in the Korean lunar calendar. It is a national holiday in Korea, and people usually get the day off.
Recognizing and celebrating diverse holidays like Buddha's Birthday in global teams is important as it fosters inclusivity and respect for different cultures and beliefs. It also promotes understanding and unity among team members, which can enhance teamwork and productivity.